It Stops Here Safer Pathway
The safety and protection of victims and their children lies at the heart of It Stops Here: Standing Together to End Domestic and Family Violence, the NSW Government’s Domestic and Family Violence Framework for Reform.
It Stops Here Safer Pathway proposes a fundamental change in how agencies and organisations support victim’s safety in NSW. Through It Stops Here Safer Pathway, the right services are provided to victims when they need them, in a coordinated way.
The key components of It Stops Here Safer Pathway build on the existing service response. These are:
- a Domestic Violence Safety Assessment Tool (DVSAT) to better and consistently identify the level of domestic violence threat to victims
- a Central Referral Point to electronically manage and monitor referrals
- a state-wide network of Local Coordination Points that facilitate local responses and provide victims with case coordination and support, established initially in Orange and Waverley, then in Tweed Heads, Parramatta, Bankstown and Broken Hill
- Safety Action Meetings in which members develop plans for victims at serious threat of death, disability or injury as a result of domestic and family violence
- information sharing legislation that allows service providers to share information about victims and perpetrators so that victims do not have to retell their story multiple times, to hold perpetrators accountable and promote an integrated response for victims at serious threat.
It Stops Here Safer Pathway Resources: