Violent Domestic Crimes Taskforce
The NSW Government is pleased to provide the report and recommendations of the Violent Domestic Crimes Taskforce.
The Taskforce was established in 2014 by the NSW Government to examine the effectiveness of current laws around domestic violence, to ensure those laws encourage reporting and adequately reflect the community’s expectations. Through wide consultation with experts in the domestic and family violence sector and across government, the Taskforce has made 18 recommendations, which have been accepted by the NSW Government.
The recommendations fall under six key themes:
- Increasing perpetrator accountability and reducing re-offending,
- Enhancing victims’ safety,
- Understanding the drivers of domestic and family violence,
- Supporting the role of men and boys in preventing violence,
- Tailoring solutions to meet community need, and
- Building awareness of domestic and family violence.
To read the report in full, download here.
To read the table of recommendations, download here.