COVID-19 Domestic and Family Violence Funding - Tranche 2
Applications for this grants round have now closed.
Frontline organisations which are experiencing increased demand in services as a result of COVID-19 could apply for a share in grant funding. The NSW Government understands that domestic, family and sexual violence services have had to respond to changes in service delivery, complexity or demand of their program resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic.
The NSW Government is looking to fund
- Organisations that demonstrate an understanding of, and experience in working with people experiencing sexual, domestic and/or family violence.
- Initiatives that target communities or areas of key interest, like prevention or early intervention.
- Initiatives that relate to NSW Premier’s Priority to reduce domestic violence reoffending, including working with perpetrators and/or with victim-survivors.
The $9 million COVID-19 Domestic and Family Violence Funding - Tranche 2 Grant program is supported by funding from the Commonwealth Government.
The $9 million COVID-19 Domestic and Family Violence Funding - Tranche 2 Grant program aims to support sexual, domestic and family violence services to respond to the challenges posed by COVID-19, including by assisting services to:
- Adapt service delivery, for example by making service adjustments or modifications to respond to changing client needs or social distancing requirements.
- Expand service delivery, for example by increasing capacity to deliver more services to more clients.
- Introduce new services, in accordance with demand arising from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Who could apply?
To be eligible for funding, applicants must have:
- provided a direct and frontline service to people experiencing, or at risk of experiencing, sexual, domestic and family violence; or provide services or programs for perpetrators, as part of their overall service delivery model; and
- been established in NSW and operational.
Eligible applicants may have included not-for-profit organisations including community organisations and/or faith based organisations.
- Applicants that received funding under the recent Commonwealth Government and NSW Government stimulus packages were eligible to apply. However, priority may have been given to:
- applicants that did not receive such funding,
- services which assist Aboriginal communities, culturally and linguistically diverse communities (including people on temporary visas), people with disability, the LGBTIQ+ community, and
- initiatives which relate to the NSW Premier’s Priority to reduce domestic violence reoffending, including working with perpetrators and/or victim-survivors.
How applicants could apply
Only the response to the application form will be used to assess the application, there is no need to email additional attachments such as support letters or references.
Applications opened at 10AM (AEST) on Wednesday 26 August 2020 and closed at 5PM (AEST) on Wednesday 23 September 2020.
All eligible applications will be assessed on merit against the assessment criteria within the COVID-19 Domestic and Family Violence Program Guidelines.
Late applications will not be accepted.
If you have any questions about the COVID-19 Domestic and Family Violence Funding - Tranche 2 Grant program that are not covered in the grant guidelines, please contact Women NSW via email at: WomenNSWGrants@facs.nsw.gov.au.