Domestic and Family Violence Committee Grants
Applications for the 2018 Local Domestic and Family Violence Committee Grants
The NSW Government supports the prevention of domestic and family violence at the local level by providing annual grants to Local Domestic and Family Violence Committees across the state. The NSW Government was pleased to continue the grants program in 2018-19 with a total of $80,000. Grants of up to $1,000 were made available for projects that raise awareness about the impacts of domestic and family violence.
The 2018 Local Domestic and Family Violence Committee grants have now closed. Applicants were notified of the outcome of their grant application in November 2018. A list of the successful applications can be downloaded here: 2018 Local Domestic and Family Violence Committee Grants successful recipients.
The grants had three key objectives to:
- raise awareness in the community of the impacts of domestic and family violence,
- reinforce messages about positive behaviours and social norms rejecting violence against women, and engage local organisations, especially men’s based organisations, groups and schools, in leading efforts for change, and
- increase awareness in the local community of services and assistance available for those experiencing domestic and family violence, or responsible for it.
Who could apply?
Only local domestic and family violence committees were able to apply for funding. To have qualified for funding, a committee must have:
- been a forum where organisations in a local area providing services to victims of domestic and family violence discuss, exchange information and enhance inter-agency responses to victims,
- been a committee with membership from both government agencies and non-government organisations, and
- had members with demonstrated expertise in addressing domestic and family violence.
Projects that met the project criteria (as outlined in the funding guidelines) were invited to submit an application.
The 2018 grants round opened Thursday 20 September 2018 and closed at 5pm Friday 12 October 2018. Applicants were notified of the outcome in late October 2018. A copy of the Funding Guidelines can be found here.
If you have any questions about the grants, please contact us: