Domestic and Family Violence Innovation Fund: Round 1
The NSW Domestic and Family Violence Blueprint for Reform 2016-2021: Safer Lives for Women, Men and Children identifies the need for an increased focus on prevention and early intervention strategies to achieve a substantial and continued reduction in the rate of domestic and family violence, as well as the need for victims of domestic and family violence to receive flexible, timely and person-centred support.
To achieve this, in 2016 the NSW Government announced a $20 million Domestic and Family Violence Innovation Fund.
Round 1 of the Innovation Fund was finalised in June 2017. Seven projects were funded under Round 1 of the Innovation Fund, to a total of $4.8 million.
The successful projects from round 1 are:
- Building Access for Women with Disability People with Disability Australia
- Kalypi Paaka Mirika Healing Program
- Respectful Relationships Peer Educators
- Safe Families
- Toolbox Talks
- Leaving Prison / Leaving Violence
- Linking Communities Education Van