Copyright and disclaimer
The State of New South Wales, acting through the Department of Communities and Justice, supports and encourages the reuse of its publicly funded information, and endorses the use of the Australian Governments Open Access and Licensing Framework (AusGOAL).
Unless otherwise stated, material on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License (CC BY 4.0). Terms and conditions of the licence can be viewed at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/.
Your attention is drawn to the terms and conditions of the license, in particular the following conditions:
- No endorsement: Nothing constitutes or may be construed as permission to assert or imply that you are, or that your use of the licensed material is, connected with, or sponsored, endorsed, or granted official status by the State of New South Wales, the Department of Communities and Justice or its cluster agencies (“we” and “us”).
- Modification: If sharing the licensed material, you must indicate if and how you modified the material.
- Attribution: Unless a different form of attribution is specified on the licensed material, we request attribution as: © State of New South Wales (Department of Communities and Justice) and request that you provide a link to this copyright notice and disclaimer. Where the author of licensed material is identified, you should include this attribution. You should also include any date on the licensed material or, if no date is shown, indicate the date of access from this website.
This Creative Commons license does NOT apply to the following:
- The State Arms or any emblem, symbol or trademark used by the State of NSW, its departments or agencies (except where such material is reproduced as an incidental part of using unaltered material under the Creative Commons license and otherwise in compliance with the terms and conditions of this copyright notice and disclaimer).
- Any third party (non-NSW Government) material appearing on the site unless expressly stated to be published under the Creative Commons licence. (Note that such material may not be expressly identified, although as a general policy we aim to do so).
- Personal information (e.g. photographs of people which may be approved for use in Department of Communities and Justice publishing only).
- Any material hosted on a different site. (Note that in some cases we provide links on this site to material on another website).
- NSW judicial decisions.
- NSW court lists.
- NSW legislation.
- Any other material expressly identified as not covered by the licence or subject to different licence terms.
Third parties requiring permission to use copyright material or the NSW State Arms other than as permitted by this license may contact:
If you plan to create a link to this website, please note these conditions:
- Links must be to the homepage or other high level page.
- Arms, symbols and emblems, logos and trademarks of the State of NSW, the Department of Communities and Justice or its cluster agencies must not be used for web linking purposes.
- The website should be opened in a new window and not within a frame of your own branding.
- You must not use the link to provide, or in any way imply, endorsement of your organisation, services or products by the State of NSW, the Department of Communities and Justice or its cluster agencies.
- You must not pass off content from this website as your own. This includes copying or re-using parts of the website (see our Copyright notice above).
This website may contain names and images of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people who are now deceased.
Quality of information
While the information on this website has been presented with all due care, the Department of Communities and Justice does not warrant or represent that the material is free from errors or omission, or that it is exhaustive.
Users of the website are responsible for making their own assessment of the information on the website and should take steps to independently verify the information. We do not accept any liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense you might incur as a result of using or relying on the information on this site, or any linked sites.
The information on this site is subject to change without notice.
The internet is not a secure medium and communications to and from the website may be intercepted or altered in transit. We do not warrant or represent that this website or any linked sites, are free from anything which may damage any computer used to access the site.
Links to external websites
This website contains links to other internet sites which contain information collated and presented by government agencies, third-party organisations and individuals. We do not warrant or represent that linked sites are complete, current, reliable or free from error. We do not necessarily endorse or support the views, opinions, standards or information expressed at the linked sites.
Similarly, you should not interpret the absence of a link from our site to any particular third-party site as a criticism or comment on the provider or content of that site.